We are finalising the details of our next conference early next year when we once again expect more than 100 airlines and more than 300 delegates from around the world! Please stay tuned for more information; just complete your contact details on our contact page and we’ll let you know the time and place of Aviation Carbon 2017 very soon!
To learn more about our previous conference please visit this link
• NEW PARTNER: EUROPEAN REGIONS AIRLINE ASSOCIATION (ERA)
• NEW KEYNOTE SPEAKER: WILLIE WALSH, CEO OF IAG (BRITISH AIRWAYS & IBERIA)
• EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE UNTIL 31 DECEMBER 2012 - CLICK HERE AND BOOK NOW!
Dear Aviation Colleagues,
We are delighted to report that the European Regions Airline Association (ERA), which represents 60 intra-European airlines, is now backing Aviation Carbon 2013. The ERA becomes the third industry association partner along with the Arab Air Carriers Organization (AACO) and the International Emissions Trading Association (IETA). In case you are not aware “Green Aviation” is a co-organiser of the series of conferences.
We are also thrilled to announce that Willie Walsh, CEO of International Airlines Group (holding company of British Airways and Iberia), will deliver the opening keynote address at Aviation Carbon 2013.
The recent ‘stop the clock’ proposal by the European Commission to suspend intercontinental flights from the EU ETS for one year has been welcomed by many but it has major implications for all airlines and business jet operators, regardless of nationality, as well as for the carbon markets.
Aviation Carbon 2013 is timed perfectly to allow all stakeholders to learn about the status, consequences and impact of the proposal, and at the same time receive practical advice and the latest up-to-date information on administrative issues and trading in the carbon markets.
Aviation is about to face a landmark year as efforts towards a global carbon scheme gather pace at ICAO. Aviation Carbon 2013 will bring delegates up to speed on progress and inform them on what the scheme might look like.
The line-up of distinguished speakers confirmed so far include:
▪ Pierre Albano, Head of Environment, Air France
▪ Andreas Arvanitakis, Director, Advisory Services, Thomson Reuters Point Carbon
▪ James Atkins, Chairman, Vertis
▪ Dirk Forrister, President and CEO, International Emissions Trading Association (IETA)
▪ Philip Good, DG Climate Action, European Commission
▪ Tim Johnson, Representative to ICAO, International Coalition for Sustainable Aviation (ICSA)
▪ Jérôme Lesourd, Head of the ETS unit, Direction Générale de l’Aviation Civile (DGAC)
▪ Eyup Ozbay, Agreements & Risk Management Supervisor, Turkish Airlines
▪ Annie Petsonk, International Counsel, Climate & Air, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF)
▪ Michael Schneider, Assistant Director, Carbon Offset Business Development, IATA
▪ Trevor Sikorski, Director, Commodities Research, Barclays Capital
▪ Robin Smale, Director, Vivid Economics
▪ Paul Steele, Executive Director, Air Transport Action Group (ATAG)
▪ Abdul Wahab Teffaha, Secretary General, Arab Air Carriers Organization (AACO)
▪ Guy Turner, Director, Commodity Market Research, Bloomberg New Energy Finance
▪ Mladen Vukovic, Senior Advisor – EU ETS, United Kingdom Environment Agency
▪ Willie Walsh, CEO, International Airlines Group (IAG)
As our substantial early bird discount expires on 31st December we urge you to take advantage without delay.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER GO TO WWW.AVIATIONCARBON2013.COM
World Biofuels Markets Congress & Exhibition
12 – 14 March 2013
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Honestly, I don’t know what you could do better.” Rockwell Automation
I am pleased to inform you that due to popular demand the 8th annual World Biofuels Markets Congress & Exhibition will return, for just one more year before moving venue, to the Beurs-World Trade Center in Rotterdam. Once again we will join together with over 1500 representatives from across the entire biofuels value chain to discuss the most cutting edge matters in the bioenergy space.
For more information visit http://www.worldbiofuelsmarkets.com
“One of the best organised and informative conferences that I have attended over a 35 year career” Circa Group
“2012: The Most Successful Year Yet
Watch highlights from 2012 to see why this is the largest, most influencial and globally attended biofuels congress and exhibition in Europe: http://www.youtube.com/worldbiofuelsmarkets
“This is the number one event for biofuels globally” Starsupply
“Why attend in 2013?
To continue to offer you the value you need, we are deepening our agendas to provide a more in-depth analysis of the hottest areas in biofuels.
Whether you attend World Biofuels Markets to hear about just one key biofuels area or you use the event to get a bird’s eye view of the entire industry, this year’s agenda will cater for your needs.
b>*Now a 3 day conference*
• Aviation *Now a 2 day conference*
• Sustainability, Certification & iLUC *Now a 2 day conference*
• Advanced Biofuels *Now a 2 day conference*
• Finance & Investment *Now a 2 day conference*
• Biofuels & Sustainable Agriculture *Now a 2 day conference*
• Emerging Markets
• Biorefinery Platforms
• Downstream Partnerships
• Biodiesel Production & Trading
• The Water Debate *New for 2013*
• Industrial Biotechnology *New for 2013*
• Sustainable Agriculture *New for 2013*
Build relationships and drive sales at World Biofuels Markets Congress: Europe’s largest biofuels exhibition and congress
Our bespoke sponsorship and exhibition packages are designed to ensure you meet and exceed your business objectives. If you are looking to win prospective clients, strengthen existing relationships or enhance your company profile, please contact our business development team today.
Call now to secure your prime position at the industry’s leading event:
Contact Jason Taylor
Tel: +44 (0)203 384 6211
Or Chris Lewis
Tel: +44 (0)203 355 4224
The inclusion of aviation into the EU ETS will go live on 1 January 2012. By 28 February, aircraft operators will have received their free allocations in their registry account. February 2012 will be the ideal time for operators to start learning about registries, accounting, auctions, carbon markets and design a carbon trading strategy that can minimize financial risks whilst paving the way for the first compliance deadline.
Aviation Carbon 2012 promises new insights into carbon trading for airlines and business jet operators. This two-day event will include presentations, workshops and discussion panels presented by experts covering everything an aviation manager needs to know about carbon trading. It will be the place where operators meet carbon suppliers and traders to discuss EU ETS carbon purchasing possibilities and trading strategy.
Key topics will include:
- The future of EU ETS and Kyoto: how should airlines plan for the uncertainties?
- EU ETS Financial risks
- Carbon markets - History, drivers and trends
- Carbon allowances types and financial products: EUA, EUAA, CER & ERU - spots, futures, forwards, options & swaps
- EU ETS registry accounts - Open, manage, transfer
- Carbon accounting standards and procedures, internal systems and controls, risks management
- Carbon strategy & airlines operational planning
- Workshop - Sourcing options (trader, investment bank, broker, carbon exchange)
- Workshop - Design and implement your carbon trading strategy
- Workshop - Live Trading
- EU ETS carbon trading experiences since 2005 - Stationary installations and aviation
The website and online registration will be launched shortly. In the meantime, save the date!
Aviation Carbon 2012: Purchasing and Trading Strategies for Aircraft Operators
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
8-9 February 2012
Aviation Carbon 2012 is organized by Aviation Carbon Events Ltd, a joint venture between GreenAirOnline, GreenAviation and VerifAvia.
Presentations are exclusively viewable for delegates via password sent upon request.
Please remember that the copyright of presentations is owned exclusively by the relevant presenter / organisation and they should not be copied or distributed further in anyway.
The pdf files are restricted to view-only.